Are you a vegan? Or may be just looking to find a healthy dessert without standard baking ingredients? And if you are a chocolate lover like us, you should try to make these healthy vegan friendly black bean brownies at home from scratch.
I know some people question recipes when they read “FREE FROM DAIRY, EGGS, WHEAT FLOUR, BUTTER”. But I personally stumbled on this recipe on internet and modified it a little by replacing eggs with banana just to put it into “vegan” friendly category :).
I know that ripe mashed bananas replace eggs. So I had to replace 2 eggs with banana pure made from 2 bananas in this browny recipe.
Let’s get to it now!
vegan black beans brownies with vanilla ice-cream and tart cherry syrup
- 1 can of black beans (organic preferably) – “Simply Balanced” is good.
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 tea spoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of rice flour
- 1/4 cup of almond meal or flour
- 1 tea spoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder (raw organic preferably)
- 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar (has low glycemic level, paleo friendly, has decent amount of minerals/nutrients). We used “Wholesome” organic palm sugar.
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet dairy free chocolate
Make it happen:
- Mix beans, mashed bananas (with a fork), coconut oil, vanilla, sugar in a food processor. Blend them until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, baking powder, rice flower, almond meal/flour and process again.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into greased by coconut oil pan and put it into pre-heated 350-355 F oven
- Bake 30-35 min
- Allow brownies to cool, cut and enjoy!